All businesses are vulnerable to cyberattacks. Whilst many go to great lengths to protect their physical assets many do not take similar precautions with their digital information. A responsive and active cyber security plan is essential for business success.
The Australian Government Department of Industry, Innovation and Science is hosting a free webinar series to help small businesses become more aware of their vulnerabilities and develop strategies to mitigate the risk of cyberattack.
There are two workshops coming up in this series
- Developing an effective incident response capability – 27 October 2017
- Cyber security in the cloud and outsourcing – 24 November 2017
These workshops aim to support small to medium enterprises to
- be equipped with the skills and knowledge to develop a simple and effective cyber security incident response capability
- understand the nature of cloud services and the unique cyber security considerations that come with using cloud services or engaging in other outsourcing arrangements
- have an awareness of additional resources they can consult for ongoing support with their cyber security issues and challenges.
The workshops are free however online registration is essential.
The Australian Government’s Entrepreneurs’ Programme provides business support and advice to help businesses commercialise novel products, processes and services, as well as improve their productivity and competitiveness. Learning Events are offered by the Programme to build understanding of markets and management techniques, and embed capability in Australian small and medium enterprises.