Renew Fest, a celebration of collaborative sustainable change in action, returns to the Northern Rivers on 18-20 May 2018.
This year’s festival program is coming together and will be announced in the next couple of weeks.
Six Byron local organisations will be hosting sessions, giving the discussion context and a real world lab to test ideas. These are
- Byron Shire Council – The Tools of New-Democracy
- Mullum Music Festival – Consciously Created Culture
- The Byron Shire Echo – Fake News, Trump and the Death of Big Media
- Bruns Eco Village – The DNA of Resilient Communities
- Santos Organics – A Food Sovereignty Roadmap
- COREM – Disrupting Monopolies and Market Power
Recognising the depth of wisdom in the region, organisers are also aiming to create a ‘jam culture’, providing space for jam sessions with speakers, experts and each other on actual solutions.
Tickets are available online.