The Go NSW Equity Fund, an initiative under the NSW Government’s Jobs for NSW program, provides capital funding in exchange for a percentage of the ownership of the company it invests in.
The aim of the fund is to allow eligible businesses to
- access expertise to help solve challenges associated with driving growth and accessing new markets, products or technologies
- enter into a genuine and aligned business partnership, supported by longer term investment horizons, and
- leverage the Fund’s broader networks and investment partners.
The fund will primarily invest in eligible businesses that
- have an enterprise value between $20 million and $50 million and revenue in excess of $10 million,
- have reached a stage where they wish to embark on a significant expansion during which sustainable jobs will be created,
- are predominantly based in, or committed to relocating to NSW and enhance a broad set of industry sectors,
- have an established, proven and successful business model,
- operate in sectors aligned to generate a positive societal impact alongside a financial return, and
- are not listed entities.