RDA-NR facilitates the Sustainability Advantage Program provided by the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) in the Northern Rivers. The program is aimed at medium and large businesses who want to improve their environmental performance.
“Sustainability Advantage is not about extra work. It’s about priorities and allocation to produce the best results for your company.” (OeH Website)
On Tuesday 10 September 2013, Summerland Credit Union and Lismore City Council were recognised for their achievements in the program.
Read the report in the Echonet Daily HERE.
Sustainability Advantage Principles
- The right of business to profit and grow
- To accelerate the environmental priorities of individual companies
- To add business value by mitigating risk and maximising opportunities
What’s in it for your business?
- Manage your environmental risk and ensure compliance
- Use resources more efficiently
- Integrate environmental strategies with business planning
- Measure your carbon footprint and manage your emissions
- Enhance customer, supplier and community relationships, and
- Engage and train staff to become an employer of choice.
- Commit to the program for 12-18 months
- Pay a nominal joining fee (max. $2,500)
- Complete a diagnosis of your business
- Develop an action plan
- Complete tasks to mitigate risks and realise opportunities
- Join a cluster of businesses that meet 2-3 times per year to share ideas and provide peer support
- Document your results
- Plan new projects and continuous improvement
An initial diagnostic process evaluates your current environmental performance and ranks possible initiatives you could undertake. For the next 18 months – or longer if you choose – you work on tailored, flexible projects selected from a range of Sustainability Advantage modules such as Vision Commitment and Planning, Risk and Responsibility, Supply Chain management, Staff and Stakeholder engagement.
Sustainability Advantage provides expertise, training, tools and a network of companies working with you towards sustainability.
For more information contact:
p 02 6622 4011 email firstname.lastname@example.org
OEH Business Partnerships
tel: (02) 8837 6000
|Document Name||Type||File Size|
|Sustainability Advantage Special Edition Member eBulletin||244.0 KiB|