RDA-NR is a leadership voice for the region. We support the development of local economies and dynamic communities; and enhance liveability in the Northern Rivers by:
- Improving access to government funding and programs
- Facilitating partnerships and linkages with all tiers of government and the community; and
- Managing a diverse range of projects that strengthen economic, social and natural capital.
We are non-for-profit, community-based organisation. We have a broad and diverse skills base with demonstrated networks and alliances. We aim to reduce duplication and overlaps in regional activities and services and work with other regional organisations on projects and initiatives where there are common areas of interest.
We are based in Lismore and we cover the Tweed, Byron, Ballina, Clarence Valley, Richmond Valley, Lismore and Kyogle Council areas of northern New South Wales that are defined by the Clarence, Richmond and Tweed Rivers.
Our vision is to connect the Northern Rivers to opportunities through sustainable partnerships focusing on community, environment and the economy.
Our FIVE main roles are to:
- ENGAGE with our communities
- PLAN for the future
- CONNECT with all levels of government
- INFORM about our region and government programs
- GROW our communities and our economy
How we work
In consultation with stakeholders, we have developed our Regional Plan which articulates the vision, issues and opportunities facing the Northern Rivers. But RDA-NR is only the custodian of this plan; its delivery relies on the participation of many stakeholders, including individuals and organisations.
The following principles inform our decision making:
- social inclusion and diversity
- innovation and creativity
- sense of place
- responsive to opportunities
- merit, and
- we are committed to the principles of environmental sustainability.